Perfect Every Time Salmon Recipe
Ingredients (4 Servings):
4 fillets of salmon (or one large salmon filet)
1 cup Peri-Naise
1 cup sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cover baking dish (or casserole dish) with aluminum foil.
3. Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towel.
4. Lightly sprinkle each fillet with salt and pepper.
3. Spread Peri-Naise over the top of each fillet using a butter knife or the back of a spoon.
Try to get a layer of peri-Naise about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Place sliced mushrooms and on top of the Peri-Naise of each fillet.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 minutes.
6. Turn oven to Broil and Broil for 2 minutes
7. Remove from oven to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Don't Dry it Out.
Keeping salmon juicy while ensuring it is fully cooked is not as hard as you think. I have found that 425 degrees for 12 minutes is perfect! There is nothing more disappointing than cutting into your salmon and finding a light pink, dried out interior. Also keep in mind that the salmon will continue to cook for a few minutes after it is taken out of the oven. You can always put the fish back in if you need to, so don't forget about it and leave it in too long!